CODE OF CONDUCT FOR USERS OF CITY OPERATED RECREATION AND SPORTS FACILITIES
The Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission expects all user groups, allotment holders and participants at city operated recreation and sports facilities to treat users and city staff with respect and to conduct themselves in such a way as to promote safe and positive experiences. Without limiting the above, there will be zero tolerance for:
1. Intoxication or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2. Possession of, or consuming alcohol, illicit drugs or other intoxicating substances.
3. Possession of weapons.
4. Criminal behavior of any kind but particularly violent or aggressive behavior.
5. Behavior that promotes discrimination, racism, or hatred.
6. Any activity or conduct that would be detrimental to the environment at the site or may negatively impact those in the immediate surrounding properties to the site.
7. Damaging, defacing, fouling or polluting any park or facility.
Conduct that violates the Code of Conduct will result in appropriate action against user groups, the allotment holder and/or person(s) responsible. This includes, without limitation, suspension or termination of privileges to use City facilities and appropriate disciplinary or Legal actions.
Approved by: Burnaby Parks, Recreation & Culture Commission 2000 December 13